Saturday, June 19, 2010

Journal #13


Food Intake:

I absolutely have a high calorie intake, but the foods I eat are somewhat healthy. My diet is planned because I workout and am trying to gain muscle mass. The food I consume most is most likely protein bars made from oats and soy protein. They are healthy, but very expensive. The other foods I consume depend on the chef at the restaurant I work at. This food is free for all employees and quite tasty. The lunches mainly include steak, eggs, chicken, tacos, fish and/ or burgers. Not exactly healthy but I work on the beach, sweating all day so I believe I will lose the extra calories really quick. I watch my diet carefully so the calculated numbers are within range. Typically I will consume about 2500-3000 calories daily
Here is my summary of the foods I consumed today:

Bacon Cheeseburger: 600 cal
2 protein bars: 500 cal
Mahi Mahi Sandwich: 400 cal
Chicken with potatoes: 400 cal
Serving of lays chips: 100 cal
Milk: 120 cal
Gatorade: 150 cal
Ice Cream 200 cal
2 bottles of water: 0 cal.
Total: 2470
A medium amount of energy was used from me consuming these foods because I purchased half of them and the other are left over’s from the past nights dinner at the restaurant/ club I work at. They items I purchased are recycled, including the bottles and aluminum wrapper of the protein bars. The food at my work place is all provided on stainless steel trays, which we then transfer to washable plates to eat on. This is a very sustainable decision by my employer to provide the food on trays rather than plastic to go boxes or disposable trays. However the days I am off I do tend to shop at Publix for a subs and meats, where I do obtain plastic bags and/ or wrapping. I believe my food consumption is sustainable because I mostly eat at work, and bring organic protein bars with me. Drinking more water using a canteen would allow me to be a more eco-friendly human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment